Before you begin this peanut cookies, stir fry peanuts in a wok without oil on low fire till skin is remove.
Do not overburnt your peanuts, use your hand to remove the skin if there is still some skin attach to peanuts
Ground with pestle and mortar few times till you’re satisfy with fine texture (You will learn how to become more patient with this one…)
Update: 2014, i’m using mill blender to blend peanuts, more efficient!
Handle this cookies carefully or it’ll drop into pieces.. love this peanut cookies recipe so much!
- 250 gm ground peanut powder (use a blender)
- 200 gm plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 110 gm icing sugar (Do not substitute with granulated sugar / caster sugar as icing sugar will produce very fine final result)
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp salt
- 140 gm peanut oil (or 140 gm pork lard) (How to make pork lard instructions)
- 4 tbsp milk powder
- 1 tbsp corn flour
1 egg yolk beaten with 1 tsp water
- Mix ground peanut powder with icing sugar in a big bowl till well combined
- Sieved in plain flour + baking powder + milk powder + salt + corn flour
- Pour in oil slowly and mix till pliable dough form
- Apply egg wash after you have form into a ball
- Bake in 170 celcius for 27 mins
- Cookies won’t expand therefore you can place your cookies as close as possible
- Choose your groundnuts carefully, make sure it’s big, fresh, healthy and it smells good and sweet
- Taste the dough before you bake it to check whether it’s too sweet or less salty..
2012 make bigger sized peanut cookies
Try new sesame seed peanut cookies recipes here
Update 2013: Texture, taste much better using pork lard instead of cooking oil