- 250 gm butter (I use Sunglow butter and margarine combination) – margarine oil will make pastry crumbles and this creates crumble texture while butter provides better milky taste)
- 30 gm icing sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 egg white
- 360 gm plain flour
- 40 gm Cheddar cheese (grated)
- 2 tbsp custard powder
- 2 tbsp milk powder
500 gm pineapple filling (Bought this at Bake with Yen – Chow Kit)
Topping (mix well)
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Mix butter, icing sugar into mixer until creamy then add eggs
- Fold in sieved plain flour, custard powder, milk powder. Add grated cheese.
- Cover dough with plastic wrapper and put into fridge to rest for 35-40 mins
- Roll out your pineapple filling into a oblong shape first before you begin squeezing out pastry (Pineapple filling is very sticky therefore you have to do this first)
- Use plastic Nastar mould (dust with a little bit of plain flour) to pipe out your pineapple tart about 2 inches long.
- Finally, glaze with beaten eggs
- Bake in preheated oven for 180 celcius till golden brown (about 16 – 25 minutes)
- Use a plastic Nastar mould to push out your tart using both of your thumb! onto a dusted flour wooden board
- Do not waste money on stainless steel nastar mould, coz it’s useless!
Based on my experience in baking, if you can’t get a combination of butter + margarine you can use butter and add cooking oil to obtain the final result. And for the eggs, you can substitute with salted duck eggs for better taste.
I haven’t try before therefore i can’t give you an actual ratio, you can always experiment using these ingredients.