This recipe is taken from my previous rojak crackers recipe. I try to modified by adding butter and here’s the result. Crispies. These crispy sure taste good although it’s not what i had in mind. You can eat with rice or sprinkle on steam fish.It taste something like KFC’s outer crispy layer though.
- 2 cups of Rice flour (Tepung Beras) (Dry toast in wok first)
- 1/4 Mung Beans flour (Tepung Kacang Hijau)
- 3 tbsp Chickpea flour (Tepung Kacang Kuda)
- 1 tsp of Salt
- 1 tbsp of Ghee
- 1 tsp of sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp of Asafoetida
- 1 tsp of red chili powder
- 1/2 cup of Hot Water to combine
- Cooking oil (To fried crackers)
- 1 tbsp of cold butter
- 4 stalks of curry leaves (slice)
- 2 tbsp of cumin (dry toast in wok before kneading into dough)
- Dry toast rice flour in wok.
- Mix all ingredients above except cooking oil and hot water.
- Add hot water to form into dough. If it’s too dry, add more water.
- Knead into a dough and let it rest for about 10-15 mins
- Shape dough into small balls and roll into thinnest round skin and fried with cooking oil
- As you place skin into oil, turn and stir fry with ladle.
- Use a sieve to filter cooking oil