For this cookies i’m making 4 batches (125 x 4) therefore i’ve bought 2 grated coconuts which, each grated coconut weighs 250 gm.
At first i plan to bake green peas cookies, after i dry toast and taste this green peas flour which i bought from Bake with yen @ Chow Kit i changed my mind. Why? Because it’s not as tasty compare to peanuts. So i add grated coconut into it, taste better with coconut flavour, however due to these grated coconut it tends to harden (not that hard but just doesn’t crumbles as much as peanut cookies.). Well, the texture is something like Danish cookies.
As for the taste, hubby can’t differentiate the taste of this cookies, as i’ve balance green peas and grated coconut to same amount. Well, i like the coconut taste.
- 125 gm green peas flour (bought this at Bake With Yen @ Chow Kit)
- 125 gm grated coconut
- 200 gm plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 110 gm icing sugar (Do not substitute with granulated sugar / caster sugar as icing sugar will produce very fine final result)
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp salt
- 190 gm peanut oil (or 190 gm pork lard) (How to make pork lard instructions)
- 4 tbsp milk powder
- 1 tbsp corn flour
1 egg yolk beaten with 1 tsp water
- Mix green peas flour & dessicated coconut with icing sugar in a big bowl till well combined
- Sieved in plain flour + baking powder + milk powder + salt + corn flour
- Pour in oil slowly and mix till pliable dough form
- Apply egg wash after you have form into a ball
- Bake in 170 celcius for 25 mins