- 500gm of chickpeas (soaked overnight)
- 2 cups of tahini (add more if you love sesame seeds)
- Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp of sea salt
- Juice from 2 squeezed lemon
How to make Tahini recipe
- Spread 3-4 cups of sesame seeds onto a baking pan (i added a little bit more because i love sesame seed taste)
- Preheat oven to 350°F, place pans in oven for 5-10 minutes to lightly roast the sesame seed.
- Pour the toasted sesame seeds into a high speed blender, pour in the ¼ cup olive oil and blend on high.
- Blend till smooth paste like.
- Then blend in chopped garlic, cumin, sea salt, lemon juice.
- Place it aside.
How to make Hummus recipe
- Soaked chickpeas overnight and remember to remove water because these waters will make you feel bloated.
- Wash till water is transparent.
- Wash chickpeas and put them into a big pot. Boil for about 1 hour – 1.5 hours.
- Cook until the grains are very easily smashed when pressed between two fingers.
- When done, sieve the grains and keep the cooking water.
- Put the chickpeas into a food processor and grind well.
- If the Hummus is too thick, add some of the cooking water.
- Serve with some good olive oil, chopped parsley, holland onions, pita bread or bread.
- Store into a glass jar and it can store up to 4 weeks in refrigerator.