- 3 tablespoons loose-leaf Assam or Ceylon tea
- 20 green cardamon pods
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 4 whole pieces of star anise
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and sliced thin
- 10 black peppercorns
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups milk
- Bring water and spices to a boil together in a sauce pan. Once the mixture reaches a boil, turn down the heat and allow it to simmer for a few minutes.
- Add milk and tea to the water-and-spice mixture. Let simmer for 1 minute, then remove from heat and let steep for 2 minutes.
- Use a sieve to remove spices when pouring into cups to serve.
- Sweeten to your preference.