Pumpkin Indian Style taste so much like rendang. Anyway here’s the delicious pumpkin recipe which taste like Malay rendang.
- 3 candlenuts (buah keras)
- 3 tbs of mustard seeds
- 3 tbs of peanuts
- 3/4 asam jawa juice
- 6 tbs of olive oil
- 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder
- 1 tsp of fenugreek
- 3/4 tsp of chili powder
- salt, pepper, soy sauce to taste
- 3 tbs of briyani powder
- 3 tbs of grated coconut
- 1 medium pumpkin (remove skins and cut into bite size)
- 2-3 tbs of fish sauce
- 1/2 cup of water (if sauce too thick, add more water)
- 3 cloves of garlic (diced)
- Prepare a wok, dry roast peanuts and grated coconut till brownish
- Blend peanuts, grated coconut, mustard seeds, fenugreek into powder
- Heat wok with olive oil, put everything inside and stir.
- Serve with rice.