- 1 bowl of slice red cili padi (red bird’s eye chili)
- 1 bowl of slice green cili padi (green bird’s eye chili)
- 2 – 3 slice of red and green chilies
- 2 ping pong ball sized limau kasturi or lime/ calamansi
- 1/2 tsp of salt to taste
- 2 tsp of sugar to taste
- 3 shallots slice thinly
- 2 inches of belachan (roast dry in wok) (i prefer more)
- 1/2 bowl of water (depending how watery you prefer)
- Remove and cut away stalks from red chilies and green chilies /bird eyes chilies using a scissors.
- Squeze out lime juice into a bowl
- Dry roasted belachan using a wok till it’s aromatic.
- Slice shallots
- Place everything into a blender and blend for 2 seconds
- Finally, enjoy your sambal belacan together with rice or raw vegetables (ulam)
You can store this inside refrigerator on the lower compartment in a glass bottle for 1 week – 2 weeks.