- 20g ikan bilis (anchovies)
- 1/2 tbsp of salt
- 1 tbsp of palm sugar
- 1 coconut milk
- 1 coconut water (from 1 coconut)
- 2 limau kasturi juice
- 1 pieces of asam keping (dried tamarind peel)
- 2 pieces of daun limau purut (Kaffir Lime leaves)(cut thinly with scissors)
To Blend using coconut water (If not enough you can use coconut milk to blend)
- 5 shallots
- 1 slices of ginger
- 6 dried chillies
- 1.2 cm (1/2 inch of belacan) roast on wok
- 1 lemon grass (serai)(slice thin)
- 2 buah keras
- 1 tbsp of asam jawa water
- Several cili padi (more if you prefer spicy)
- Blend ingredients first using coconut milk or coconut water. Do not use water if you want better taste.
- Heat oil or you can use lard oil, coconut oil or vegetable oil
- Stir fry anchovies till aromatic
- Add in asam jawa water, anchovies, palm sugar, sea salt. Mix everything.
- Then pour in blended ingredients.