I’ve decided to make my own brown rice flour and rolled oats flour to experiment a healthier version of steamed cake using rice flour instead of using all purpose flour (bleached flour).
Here’s my own recipe. Try and enjoy a healthy and delicious vegan recipe without using bleached flour, eggless, saltless, sugarless, butterless.
- 1 cup of brown rice (use pestle and mortar if you don’t have a blender and grain into flour)
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats (use pestle and mortar if you don’t have a blender and grain into flour)
- 1/3 bowl of warm water
- 3/4 tsp of yeast
- 1/2 banana (mashed)
- 4 small bananas
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
Proofing Yeast with banana
- Add yeast to 1/3 cup of warm water
- Add 1/2 banana (mashed) – Banana can be use to replaced sugar or honey to activate or proof yeast
- Cover and rest for 15 minutes until yeast start to bubble (I use only the bubble part and pour into my flour)
- Use a clean bowl
- Mix together both flours (brown rice flour and rolled oats flour)
- Add proofed yeast
- Mix in 4 small mashed bananas
- You can mix in your favourite sunflower seeds and almond seeds
- Combined all ingredients together, but make sure it’s not too wet!
- Pour into coated olive oil stainless steel bowl
- Heat up your steamer, steam it for 20 minutes
I’m going to try this tonight. Thanks!